It is the last day of 2014. As the year counts down, I find myself looking back through the last 12 months of blogs – not mine, others – and making note of some who have enriched the blogverse this year.
A Gold Star is awarded to:
– Gidge Uriza, for the phrase “Fashion Alliteration” – used when describing items of an outfit which begin with the same letters. “Cherry and Cheetah…they do go together…both start with CH. It’s fashion Alliteration.”
– Grazia Horwitz, for saying what we have all been thinking about the number of events in SL, happening simultaneously and/or overlapping “It’s being too much again… sensory and pixel overload.”
– Marryeel, high fashion or off-the-rack, whatever outfit she puts together immediately presents itself as haute couture
– Vixen Darkrose, for the chameleon-like ability she has of changing her looks.
– Liliandra Baxter, second life tamary, tomomi, Guinevere Kirshner, Allice Attis (she is so cute!), and all those other perky little fashion bloggers who create such adorable looks. I hate that I can never look as cute or as sweet as they do.
– Virtual Evangelical and Neva Seljan, two people who are very comfortable in their avatar skins. “… the true essence of beauty…a woman being unapologetically herself.”
[paraphrasing Steve Maraboli]
– Bloggers who include original short stories in their blogs, thereby giving us an insight into the creative minds behind their blogs.
For example, this excellent story [by Davie Frequency] about robot mourning:
– Kennef Riggles and Digi Stroikavskoi [as stated in group chat]: “life moves fast…sl moves faster…sl never sleeps.”
– Honour Mcmillan, “… who needs drugs when you have Second Life?”
– Chic Aeon, “We have the ability in our virtual lives to be anyone we want to be….We can live in decades that were long gone before our birth, imagine what the future might hold, experience different cultures.”
And, finally, a Giant Gold Star to Ciaran Laval, for saying what we all think each day we log into Second Life. “I’m an unashamed Philip Rosedale fanboi, … the man has a long held dream and it’s one that captivates me.”
That concludes the Gold Star Yearly Roundup for 2014. There is no Gold Star event, so no one needs to think about showing up. Just know that the efforts of these and others have been noticed and appreciated.
And that also concludes the year 2014. Happy New Year, everyone, in Second Life and in First Life!
The Holiday Season is in full swing, with the main event happening in four days. Stores across Second Life are setting out gifts under their trees and sending even more gifts to their groups.
Ample Avi has just sent out a new shape to members of the Ample Avi Updates group. This shape is the first in a new line of shapes, the PLUSHY shape. The PLUSHY shapes are more petite, but still quite lush and curvy.
If your group notices are not working, you can pick up this shape at the Ample Avi inworld store. If you are not a member of Ample Avi Updates, you can purchase this shape at the inworld store or on Marketplace.
Enjoy the Holiday Season with a new curvy shape, from Ample Avi, the Full Figured Shape Shop.